ASA Surgical Leaders Fellowship Grant (Request for Nominations)
To: SBAS Society Members
From: Luz Maria Rodriguez, MD, Secretary, SBAS
As Secretary of SBAS, it is my pleasure to invite you to submit nominations for the ASA Surgical Leaders Fellowship Grant for 2021.
The Fellowship Grant covers in part a two-week travel period and pays a grant to the Fellow’s institution of $5,000 ($2,500 each from the ASA and SBAS). The Fellowship grant is ideally suited for mid-level or senior academic surgeons with leadership training who seek a future leadership role and are at the stage in their career to benefit from exposure to a leadership shadowing experience.
Nominations are due May 31, 2020
Three names will be sent to the ASA by June 30, 2020 who will select a primary Fellow and an alternate by August 15, 2020 and notify the candidates and SBAS.
Full Fellowship Grant details are available at americansurgical.org/awards_FellowshipGrant.cgi.
If you are interested in this Fellowship Grant opportunity, please forward (preferably by email to SBAS Central Office firstname.lastname@example.org ) your information as noted below:
- Application Form: Download Here »
- Curriculum Vitae, including picture & bibliography
- Personal Statement, maximum 500 words (two double-spaced pages), describing what you want to achieve from the Fellowship experience (e.g., what your career goals are, how you have trained so far, and what you hope to get out of the Fellowship)
- Letter of recommendation from the Department Chair guaranteeing your availability to travel in the Fellowship year and the coverage of expenses in excess of the $5,000 grant
- Letter of recommendation from a member of SBAS.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Luz Maria Rodriguez, MD, FACS