Level 3 Trauma Center Medical Director/Acute Care Surgeon
Location: Massachusetts General Hospital, Salem, Massachusetts
The Massachusetts General Hospital’s Division of Community Surgery (DCS) and the MGH Division of Trauma, Emergency Surgery, and Surgical Critical Care (TESSCC) are seeking a Trauma Medical Director for its community hospital affiliate, The North Shore Medical Center (NSMC) in Salem, Massachusetts. NSMC is a Level III Trauma Center and has a busy Acute Care Surgery Program. It is one of the primary community rotations for MGH Surgery residents. The surgeon will have a joint appointment at the Massachusetts General Hospital and the North Shore Medical Center and an academic appointment at Harvard Medical School. Reporting to the Chiefs of the MGH Divisions of Community Surgery and TESSCC, we expect that the successful candidate will be responsible for leading the Trauma and Acute Care Surgery Program at NSMC. The administrative, clinical care and teaching at North Shore Medical Center and the Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care in Danvers MA will occupy approximately 90% of their time and the remaining 10% effort will be in Boston with the MGH Division of TESSCC. The academic appointment will be commensurate with experience and credentials. The on-call schedule is favorable, and benefits are excellent.
Applicants must be board-certificated in General Surgery. Added qualification in Surgical Critical Care and Fellowship training in Acute Care Surgery is preferred but is not mandatory.
The MGH is a 1,020-bed facility in Boston, MA and an ACS-verified Level I Adult Trauma Center, Level I Pediatric Trauma Center and ABA-verified Burn Center. North Shore Medical Center is a 425-bed Level III Trauma Center 15 miles north of Boston in Salem, MA. The Seaside and historic communities north of Boston are extremely desirable with excellent schools and rapid, convenient access to downtown Boston.
Interested candidates should send a letter and curriculum vitae to:
Marc S. Rubin, M.D.
Chair of the Department of Surgery, North Shore Medical Center;
Chief, MGH Division of Community Surgery
81 Highland Avenue
Salem, MA 01970
Fax: (978) 740-0418
George C. Velmahos, MD, PhD, MSEd,
John F. Burke Professor of Surgery
Chief, MGH Division of Trauma, Emergency Surgery and Surgical Critical Care
165 Cambridge Street, Suite 810
Boston, MA 02030
Massachusetts General Hospital is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women and minorities candidates are encouraged to apply.