Location: University of Arizona
The Department of General Surgery at the University of Arizona and Banner University Medical Group is actively seeking a Pediatric General Surgeon to provide a full range of services at its newly built medical center. The Division of General Surgery, Department of Surgery, is a dynamic environment offering comprehensive and multi-disciplinary surgical and medical care for our patients.
Our Surgeons provide the best in patient care, resident and medical student education and training, and extensive community and academic endeavors. This position is an integral part of the women and children service line focus in the Tucson market.
The selected individual will have the opportunity to develop a full-time clinical practice, educate residents and medical students, and be encouraged to participate in clinical and/or basic science research. The qualified candidate will receive a faculty appointment at the University of Arizona consistent with their credentials.
- Perform a variety of pediatric general and specialized surgeries on an inpatient and outpatient basis.
- Hold pediatric general surgery outpatient clinics at various locations in the Tucson area.
- Serve as a clinical advisor to medical students and residents via lectures, didactics, mentoring, and clinical instruction.
- Take night and weekend call Conduct research appropriate to academic medicine
- Board-certified or eligible in Pediatric Surgery
- Evidence of clinical and didactic teaching ability
- Established expertise in working with diverse patient populations
Banner University Medical Group offers a generous salary and recruitment incentives, along with an industry-leading benefits package that provides security for you and your family. Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and pharmacy plans
- Qualified tuition reduction for dependents at any AZ state institution
- Paid malpractice
- Eligible for benefits coverage within 30 days
- Financial savings resources
- Career advancement and optimal work/life balance
- Employee Discounts
Tucson provides beautiful weather and an affordable lifestyle with a host of professional opportunities, cultural amenities, and recreational activities such as:
- Majestic mountains in every direction and breathtaking sunsets
- K-12 educational options and the academic excellence of the University of Arizona
- Endless sunshine with no humidity, fresh air, and easy access to the sand and surf of San Diego and Mexico
We encourage you to mention this site when you submit your CV to Dr. Taylor Riall and Linda Montano at email@example.com .
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.