Section Chief: Plastic Surgeon
Location: University of Arizona
The Department of Surgery at Banner – University Medical Center in Tucson is actively interviewing General and Reconstructive Plastic Surgeons at the Associate Professor or Professor level to serve as the Section Chief of a developing plastic surgery program within our Surgical Oncology Division.
This is an exceptional leadership opportunity to build a plastic surgery program in an academic department with strong surgical oncology, trauma, and general surgery programs to support the growth of the program. This position involves mentoring young plastic surgeons who recently completed training and involves teaching and mentoring general surgery residents. There is a long term opportunity to build a formal division and plastic surgery fellowship as the program grows. The qualified candidate will receive an academic appointment that is consistent with their credentials.
- 1.0 FTE
- Clinical responsibilities: OP Clinic, IP rounding, Surgery
- Main Location: Banner University Medical Center Tucson, 1625 North Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ
- Secondary Location: Banner University Medical North Campus, 3838 North Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ
- Certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons
- 5+ years’ experience as Plastic Surgeon
- Fellowship-Trained in Microvascular Surgery is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience building a fellowship program are preferred
Banner University Medical Group offers a generous salary and recruitment incentives, along with an industry-leading benefits package that provides security for you and your family.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and pharmacy plans
- Qualified tuition reduction for dependents at any AZ state institution
- Paid malpractice
- Eligible for benefits coverage within 30 days
- Financial savings resources
- Career advancement and optimal work/life balance
- Employee Discounts
Tucson provides beautiful weather and an affordable lifestyle with a host of professional opportunities, cultural amenities, and recreational activities such as:
- Majestic mountains in every direction and breathtaking sunsets
- K-12 educational options and the academic excellence of the University of Arizona
- Endless sunshine with no humidity, fresh air, and easy access to the sand and surf of San Diego and Mexico
Banner Health and the University of Arizona Health Network came together in 2015 to form Banner – University Medicine, a health system providing the highest level of care accessible to Arizona’s communities. At the heart of this partnership is academic medicine, focusing on teaching and patient care with expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals who serve the community.
We encourage you to mention this site when you submit your CV to Dr. Valentine Nfonsam and Linda Montano at: email@example.com .
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.