Level 3 Trauma Center and Critical Care Medical Director/Acute Care Surgeon

Location: MGH – Wentworth-Douglass Hospital – Dover, New Hampshire

The Massachusetts General Hospital’s Division of Trauma, Emergency Surgery, and Surgical Critical Care (TESSCC) is seeking a Trauma & Critical Care Medical Director for its community hospital affiliate, Wentworth-Douglass Hospital (WDH) in Dover, NH. WDH is a Level III Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center and has a busy Acute Care Surgery and Critical Care Program. The surgeon will have a joint appointment at the Massachusetts General Hospital and the Wentworth-Douglass Hospital and an academic appointment at Harvard Medical School. Reporting to the Chief Physician Executive at WDH and Chief of the MGH Division of TESSCC, we expect that the successful candidate will be responsible for leading the Trauma, Acute Care Surgery and Critical Care Program at WDH. The administrative, clinical care and teaching at Wentworth-Douglass Hospital will occupy approximately 90% of their time and the remaining 10% effort will be in Boston with the MGH Division of TESSCC. The academic appointment will be commensurate with experience and credentials. The on-call schedule is favorable, and benefits are excellent.

Applicants must be board-certificated in General Surgery. Added qualification in Surgical Critical Care and Fellowship training in Acute Care Surgery is preferred.

The MGH is a 1,035-bed facility in Boston, MA and an ACS-verified Level I Adult Trauma Center, Level I Pediatric Trauma Center and ABA-verified Burn Center. Wentworth-Douglass is a 178-bed Level III Trauma Center in Seacoast New Hampshire approximately 1 hour north of Boston. The Seaside and historic communities north of Boston are extremely desirable with excellent schools and rapid, convenient access to downtown Boston.

Interested candidates should submit curriculum vitae, letter of interest, and references to:

George C. Velmahos, MD, PhD, MSEd,
John F. Burke Professor of Surgery
Chief, MGH Division of Trauma, Emergency Surgery and Surgical Critical Care
165 Cambridge Street, Suite 810
Boston, MA 02030

(617) 726-9591


« Return to Listing