Academic Trauma and Critical Care Surgeon

Location: University of Washington

The University of Washington, Department of Surgery is recruiting a full-time academic trauma and critical care surgeon to join Harborview Medical Center as part of the Division of Trauma, Burn and Critical Care Surgery.

The UW Medicine Regional Burn Center and Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center provide multidisciplinary care for approximately 8 million people in the states of Washington, Alaska, Montana and Idaho, and are verified by the State of Washington and the American Burn Association.

The full time, 12 month service period, non-tenure track Assistant Professor or Associate Professor or Professor position will offer salary and rank commensurate with training, qualifications, and experience, with an expected start date in Spring 2021. Clinical responsibilities will include emergency and elective general surgery, trauma and surgical intensive care. This position will be expected to participate in the education of medical students, and surgical residents and fellows.

University of Washington faculty engage in teaching, research and service.

This position will demonstrate a commitment to academic and scholarly activities in addition to clinical services. S/he will be given adequate protected time to develop academic endeavors. Excellent clinical and basic science research resources are available, including opportunity for involvement with injury and critical illness outcomes research as well as health initiatives such as global injury and violence prevention in collaboration with the UW Global Health Department, the Harborview Injury Prevention and Research Center (HIPRC) and other departments and schools at UW.

The University of Washington is building a culturally diverse faculty and strongly encourages applications from female and URiM (under-represented in medicine) candidates. The University of Washington is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.

Prospective candidates must have an M.D. and/or D.O. (or foreign equivalent), be American Board of Surgery and Surgical Critical Care board certified/board eligible (or foreign equivalent). Completion of a Surgical Critical Care Fellowship (or foreign equivalent) is required.

In order to be eligible for University sponsorship for an H-1B visa, graduates of foreign (non-U.S.) medical schools must show successful completion of all three steps of the U.S. Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE), or equivalent as determined by the Secretary of Health and Human Services.

Apply online:

Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Interested candidates should apply via the Interfolio link below, upload cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact information for four (4) professional references.


« Return to Listing