Department of Surgery at Yale New Haven Hospital and Yale School of Medicine – PGY-3 resident for the 2019–2020 year
Location: Yale University, School of Medicine, New Haven CT
The Department of Surgery at Yale New Haven Hospital and Yale School of Medicine has an open position for a PGY-3 resident for the 2019-2020 year.
The successful applicant will possess a consistent record of outstanding clinical and scholarly achievements and a demonstrable interest in contributing to a vibrant academic surgical community. Applicants must be currently enrolled as a PGY-2 or higher in an accredited training program with no gaps in clinical training.
Please submit the following as a single PDF by email to SurgicalEducation@yale.edu
- Brief statement of your career goals and your interest in Yale Surgery (250 words or less)
- USMLE transcripts indicating pass on first attempt
- All available ABSITE score reports
- Medical School Diploma and Transcript
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- Competency-based rotation evaluations
- Milestone evaluations
- Case log (Defined category report, endoscopy report, critical care report)
- One letter of recommendation from your current program director or chair
- Two letters of recommendation from surgeons at your current training program
Please do not call to check on the status of your application. Applicants under consideration will be contacted by our office.