Academic Pediatric Surgeon
Location: University of California, Davis
The Department of Surgery at the University of California, Davis located in Sacramento, California seeks to recruit a full-time academic pediatric surgeon at the Assistant or Associate rank in the Clinical X, or In-Residence series depending on experience and qualifications.
Expectations of a Clinical X series is to engage in teaching, research, service and clinical work. Appointees the In-Residence series are required to participate in teaching, research, University/public service and patient care.
The successful candidate should have a strong interest in minimally invasive pediatric surgery a focus on translational research. The selected candidate will have responsibilities on the surgery service which include general pediatric, thoracic, trauma and fetal surgical specialties at the University of California Davis Health, Children’s Hospital, and Shriner’s Hospital for Children – Northern California.
The selected candidate is expected to participate in teaching, clinical care, both inpatient and outpatient, in addition to research relating to pediatric and fetal surgery. Dependent upon the academic series, the individuals will be expected to develop a research focus in pediatric surgery and develop the surgical oncology area of the division, or equivalent academic endeavor.
- Must possess a Medical Doctorate
- Graduated from an ACGME accredited pediatric surgery residency program
- Completed an approved Pediatric Surgical fellowship
- Board certified / eligible in General Surgery and Pediatric Surgery
- Commitment to research activity
- CA Medical License, and California Fluoroscopy Supervisor and Operator’s permit before the appointment start date
- The ability to work cooperatively and collegially within a diverse environment Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated clinical teaching and health services research skills, and experience in minimally invasive pediatric surgery, trauma, pediatric surgical oncology, and fetal therapy
Salary and level of appointment will be based upon experience and qualifications.
Qualified applicants should apply online at UC Recruit https://recruit.ucdavis.edu/JPF04042 by uploading:
- Letter of Interest outlining research, educational, and administrative experience
- Curriculum vitae; statement of contributions to diversity
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Names and contact info of at least three professional references
For more information, please contact the search committee chair: Payam Saadai, MD at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full consideration, applications must be received by June 25, 2021; however, the position will remain open until filled through May 24, 2022.
UC Davis commits to inclusion excellence by advancing equity, diversity, and inclusion in all that we do. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct. If you need accommodation due to a disability, please contact the recruiting department.
Under Federal law, the University of California may employ only individuals who are legally able to work in the United States as established by providing documents as specified in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. Certain positions funded by federal contracts or sub-contracts require the selected candidate to pass an E Verify check. More information is available https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
UC Davis is a smoke & tobacco-free campus: (https://breathefree.ucdavis.edu/).